- Helping communities respond to issues such as childhood obesity, financial security, and aging.
- Providing leadership for policies that help children, youth and families succeed.
- Increasing knowledge about parenting, health and nutrition.
- Offering consumers and families more strategies for managing their money.
- Reaching out to diverse families with education and resources.
- Using cost effective approaches to reduce negative family issues and build more resilient families.
These program are sponsored by Door County Home and Community Education. Programs are free and open to the general public. Please call to register one week in advance of the program date — 920-746-2260.
FOOD, STRESS & YOU — Wednesday, October 25, 1-3 pm, Peninsula Room, Government Center (Presented by Tenley Koehler, Door County Family Living Educator) — RSVP by Oct. 18
UW-Extension and the UW-Madison maintain a Food Safety and Healthy website with food safety and preservation information that is available at: http://www.foodsafety.wisc.edu.
We invest in people to grow stronger communities. For more information on Family Living Programs, go to http://www.uwex.edu/ces/flp and visit us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/UWExtensionFamilyLiving.
You-tube link to Smart Start
HCE … Home and Community Education
Terra Nova Films is a well-respected producer of powerful and educational videos on a variety of topics. They have now created a free website for family caregivers. It includes short but powerful videos on pertinent topics related to caregiving and Alzheimer’s. Check it out at www.videocaregiving.org.
News feeds from around the State …
If you have any questions regarding Family Living in Door County, please contact:
Tenley Koehler, Family Living Educator
Door County – UW Extension
County Government Center
421 Nebraska St.
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
Office Hours: M-F 8 am to 4:30 pm