County Government Center
421 Nebraska Street
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
M-F 8 am to 4:30 pm
CUSTOM RATE GUIDE (last updated 2013)
- June 23, 2017: Controlling European Chafer in Summer Months
- European chafer fact sheet: A4141 EUROPEAN CHAFER
UPCOMING & CURRENT EVENTS:
2018 Sesquicentennial and Century Farm & Home Program
To qualify for the award, families are required to provide proof of continuous family ownership of a property in the state of Wisconsin for either the last 100 or 150 years. All property owners will be honored at a special Century and Sesquicentennial Farm and Home Award Program held in conjunction with the 2018 Wisconsin State Fair.
Honorees will receive complimentary Fair admission tickets, an invitation to the awards breakfast, a commemorative photo, a certificate and an outdoor display sign.
Applications for the Century and Sesquicentennial Farm and Home Award are available now and must be postmarked by the application deadline, March 1, 2018. Applications are not available online and only one certificate may be issued per property. To request a copy of either application, contact jill Albanese, Director of Competitive Exhibits, at 414-777-0580, or write to: Century or Sesquicentennial Farm & Home Program: 640 S. 84th Street, West Allis, WI 53214.
2017 DOOR COUNTY LOCAL PRODUCERS Guide – updated 1/16/17
A listing of agricultural producers that grow or raise food or fiber for sale within Door County and nearby Kewaunee County. Also included are listings of Door County restaurants and retailers that use or sell locally produced agricultural products.
2018 PRIVATE PESTICIDE APPLICATOR CERTIFICATION
Intended for persons requiring certification or re-certification in order to apply restricted-use pesticides. A private applicator is a person applying pesticides to produce an agricultural product (including forestry, nursery or greenhouse) on land owned or rented by the person or the person’s employer. Required for private applicators who apply restricted use pesticides. Examples of private applicators include a farmer applying pesticides to his crops on his owned or rented land or an employee of that farmer doing the same; greenhouse or nursery workers making pesticide applications on the land or in the greenhouses of their employer. You have the choice of either attending a classroom training or self-study. Questions? Call 920-746-2260
- DOOR COUNTY TRAINING CLASS: Thursday, February 15, 9:00 am, Peninsula Rm, Government Center, 421 Nebraska Street, Sturgeon Bay — Must visit the Extension Office to register and pick up the training manual by February 8. Cost is $30 (check or cash).
- KEWAUNEE COUNTY TRAINING CLASS: Thursday, February 8, 9:00 am, Kewaunee County Fairgrounds Expo Hall, 625 3rd Street, Luxemburg. To register, contact the Kewaunee County office at 920-388-7141 by January 31.
- SELF-STUDY OPTION: The certification fee (includes the training manual) is $30.00 (cash or check only). Must purchase the manual at the Extension Office — office hours are 8 am-4:30 pm Monday-Friday (please call before you visit.) Make checks payable to Door County UW-Extension. If you have questions, call 920-746-2260.
- Buy Local, Buy Wisconsin —
– Local Food Business Seminars in Green Bay. Read more …
- Visit the Door County Barn Quilt Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BarnQuiltsOfDoorCounty
Extension Brochure: “20 Things We Can Do For You“
UW-Extension’s Report to the Door County Board – December 2017
Interested in Geocaching Activities … check out this brochure: Cache Guide with Coordinates
DOOR COUNTY DAIRY PROMOTION
Past UW-Extension PowerPoint Presentations on:
Master Gardening is for everyone in Wisconsin Master Gardeners are trained volunteers who aid University of Wisconsin Extension staff by helping people in the community better understand horticulture and their environment. This site can help you learn about becoming a Master Gardener in Wisconsin, find information about horticultural topics, and connect to the statewide network of Master Gardener associations.
DOOR COUNTY MASTER GARDENER TRAINING CLASS INFORMATION:
For information on this year’s training class please visit their website: http://www.dcmga.org/become-a-mg.html
E-Mail: email@example.com / Phone: 920-743-5406
Peninsular Research Station – from 2011 Fruit School presentation:
- Emerging Insect Pests
- Correctly Identify Pests — Western Conifer Seed Bug and
- Adult Male Brown Marmorated Stink Bug