County Government Center
421 Nebraska Street
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
M-F 8 am to 4:30 pm
UPCOMING & CURRENT EVENTS:
- 2016 PRIVATE PESTICIDE APPLICATOR TRAINING CLASS
Door County: Thursday, February 11 (must pre-register by Feb. 4)
9:00 am, Peninsula Room (1st floor), Government Center, 421 Nebraska Street
Contact the Door County UW-Extension Office (920-746-2260) for more information or to register.
Participants must purchase a training manual ($30).
- This class is intended for persons requiring certification or re-certification in order to apply restricted-use pesticides. A private applicator is a person applying pesticides to produce an agricultural product (including forestry, nursery or greenhouse) on land owned or rented by the person or the person’s employer. Required for private applicators who apply restricted use pesticides. Examples of private applicators include a farmer applying pesticides to his crops on his owned or rented land or an employee of that farmer doing the same; greenhouse or nursery workers making pesticide applications on the land or in the greenhouses of their employer. You have the choice of either attending a classroom training or self-study.
- SELF-STUDY OPTION: Purchase a manual ($30) from the Door County Extension Office, then when you are ready to take the test, call the office to make arrangements.
- Buy Local, Buy Wisconsin —
– Local Food Business Seminars in Green Bay. Read more …
2016 BARN QUILT PHOTO CONTEST
Photo entries are due May 2, 2016 by 4:30 pm to the UW-Extension Office.
- Barn Quilts of Door County Location Guide – Revised 2014
- Visit the Door County Barn Quilt Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BarnQuiltsOfDoorCounty
Extension Brochure: “20 Things We Can Do For You“
UW-Extension’s Report to the Door County Board – January 2016 February 2016
Interested in Geocaching Activities … check out this brochure: Cache Guide with Coordinates
DOOR COUNTY DAIRY PROMOTION
Past UW-Extension PowerPoint Presentations on:
Master Gardening is for everyone in Wisconsin Master Gardeners are trained volunteers who aid University of Wisconsin Extension staff by helping people in the community better understand horticulture and their environment. This site can help you learn about becoming a Master Gardener in Wisconsin, find information about horticultural topics, and connect to the statewide network of Master Gardener associations.
Learn more about:
Master Gardener Program in Wisconsin
Door County Master Gardeners
2016 DOOR COUNTY MASTER GARDENER TRAINING CLASS INFORMATION:
A listing of agricultural producers that grow or raise food or fiber for sale within Door County and nearby Kewaunee County. Also included are listings of Door County restaurants and retailers that use or sell locally produced agricultural products.
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: 920-743-5406
Peninsular Research Station – from 2011 Fruit School presentation:
- Emerging Insect Pests
- Correctly Identify Pests — Western Conifer Seed Bug and
- Adult Male Brown Marmorated Stink Bug