County Government Center
421 Nebraska Street
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
M-F 8 am to 4:30 pm
CUSTOM RATE GUIDE (last updated 2013)
UPCOMING & CURRENT EVENTS:
2017 DOOR COUNTY LOCAL PRODUCERS Guide – updated 1/16/17
A listing of agricultural producers that grow or raise food or fiber for sale within Door County and nearby Kewaunee County. Also included are listings of Door County restaurants and retailers that use or sell locally produced agricultural products.
2017 PRIVATE PESTICIDE APPLICATOR CERTIFICATION
Intended for persons requiring certification or re-certification in order to apply restricted-use pesticides. A private applicator is a person applying pesticides to produce an agricultural product (including forestry, nursery or greenhouse) on land owned or rented by the person or the person’s employer. Required for private applicators who apply restricted use pesticides. Examples of private applicators include a farmer applying pesticides to his crops on his owned or rented land or an employee of that farmer doing the same; greenhouse or nursery workers making pesticide applications on the land or in the greenhouses of their employer. You have the choice of either attending a classroom training or self-study. Questions? Call 920-746-2260
- DOOR COUNTY CLASS: Tuesday, February 14, 9:00 am, Government Center, Sturgeon Bay. Participants must pre-register at least one week before the class date. Visit the Extension Office, purchase a manual ($30).
- KEWAUNEE COUNTY CLASS: Tuesday, February 7 … contact the Kewaunee County Extension Office to register — 920-388-7141.
- SELF-STUDY OPTION: Purchase a manual ($30) from the Door County Extension Office, then when you are ready to take the test, call the office to make arrangements.
- Buy Local, Buy Wisconsin —
– Local Food Business Seminars in Green Bay. Read more …
2017 DOOR COUNTY BARN QUILT CALENDAR PRICE REDUCED — $10.00 each!
The 2017 Barn Quilt Calendar is on sale now. The cost per calendar is $10.00. Quantities are limited!
Purchase a calendar in person from:
- Barn Door Quilts, Sturgeon Bay
- Miller Art Museum, Sturgeon Bay
- Schartner’s Farm Market, Egg Harbor
- AmericInn, Sturgeon Bay
- Jacksonport Cottage, Jacksonport
Calendars are also available in person, or by mail (postage is extra), from the Door County UW-Extension Office in the Government Center in Sturgeon Bay.
If you have questions or want more information, call 920-746-2260 or e-mail email@example.com.
~sponsored by Door County 4-H
- Visit the Door County Barn Quilt Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BarnQuiltsOfDoorCounty
Extension Brochure: “20 Things We Can Do For You“
UW-Extension’s Report to the Door County Board – December 2016 January 2017
Interested in Geocaching Activities … check out this brochure: Cache Guide with Coordinates
DOOR COUNTY DAIRY PROMOTION
Past UW-Extension PowerPoint Presentations on:
Master Gardening is for everyone in Wisconsin Master Gardeners are trained volunteers who aid University of Wisconsin Extension staff by helping people in the community better understand horticulture and their environment. This site can help you learn about becoming a Master Gardener in Wisconsin, find information about horticultural topics, and connect to the statewide network of Master Gardener associations.
Learn more about:
Master Gardener Program in Wisconsin
Door County Master Gardeners
DOOR COUNTY MASTER GARDENER TRAINING CLASS INFORMATION:
2017 Information & Application (PDF-4 pages)
The 2017 Training Class is full. If you want to apply for the 2018 class, please complete the application and return it to the Extension Office. You will be contacted by the Education Committee.
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / Phone: 920-743-5406
Peninsular Research Station – from 2011 Fruit School presentation:
- Emerging Insect Pests
- Correctly Identify Pests — Western Conifer Seed Bug and
- Adult Male Brown Marmorated Stink Bug